Assembly Tech I
Assembly Tech I Final Assembly / 510 Must have prior Electro-Mechanical Assembly Experience
Under direct supervision, assembles, calibrates and tests cabinet assemblies and less complicated subassemblies of Micromeritics instruments.
- Performs basic assembly of cabinets and less complicated subassemblies including preparation of parts, actual assembly, testing, calibration and packaging of the product to customer specifications.
- Utilizes documentation such as assembly drawings, Bills of Material and routings to assemble product.
- May perform soldering, fabricating, crimping, mechanical assembly.
- Self-inspects work throughout the assembly process.
- May be assigned to high speed assembly group.
- Maintains neat and orderly work area to ensure efficiency and no safety hazards.
- Meets all quality, quantity and established manufacturing practices to satisfy customer requirements.
- Complies with ISO 9001 procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or education/experience equivalent.
Minimum of two years electro-mechanical assembly experience.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
Good hand/eye coordination. Ability to distinguish colors. Ability to read and write Basic PC skills. Ability to read and interpret assembly drawings a must. Ability to use basic assembly and measuring tools.
Micromeritics is a drug free and tobacco-free workplace and as such, we test for drugs and nicotine as part of our pre-employment process. Those who test positive for nicotine and/or drug use will not be hired. EEO / Male / Female / Veteran / Disability