MPS Pharma Scientist / General Manager
Must possess a Masters in Chemistry, Materials Science, related science or education/experience equivalent. PhD is highly desirable.
Must have a minimum of Five (5+) years’ of progressive experience with lab, industry, and safety compliance and requirements as required, as well as a minimum of 2 years pharmaceutical formulation experience. Additionally experience in operating current Micromeritics products is highly desirable.
POSITION SUMMARY: MPS General Manager is responsible for the growth of MPS as a pharmaceutical solution provider. We plan to be a one stop material characterization center for all physical testing needs of the pharmaceutical industry. This position must have the scientific knowledge to help customers, the energy to find new customers, the ability to work with them to find solutions, and the drive to grow the business finding unique solutions to pharmaceutical problems. (MPS – Micromeritics Pharmaceutical Services
- Responsible annual revenue and profit goals
- Accurately and effectively articulate MPS advantages in Area of Specialty to the customer
- Positions as value added resource to customers that our competition cannot offer
- Assist customers in developing new applications for the existing product line to increase sales
- Utilizes post sales process to broaden reach with an organization
- Anticipates possible objections prior to client negotiations and is able to counter them effectively
- Establishes trust and integrity with customers so they share business goals and plans
- Mentor others in organization to improve knowledge and application awareness
- Strong application knowledge to serve as recognized expert in the customer’s eyes
- Prepare research projects and present at pharmaceutical conferences in conjunction with our organizations
- Ability to interact with and influence the direction of key opinion leaders in the industry
- Customer support and development to include on-site training, technical support and application feasibility studies and pre/post-sale support
- Responsible for overall customer satisfaction and prompt reporting of all customer impacting events
- Involved in technical community activities and utilizes networking to increase sales opportunity
- Presents ideas and solutions to improve customers' applications
- Prepare and submit weekly reports to management which includes
o Updates on upcoming events
o Customer Visits and Meetings planned for the upcoming week
- Prepare and submit expense reports to management for approval
- Maintain a complete and up-to-date customer database
- Search for and report on new business opportunities
- Prepare additional reports as requested by management
- Travel is required to visit customers, trade shows, conferences, and meetings
- Other duties as may be assigned
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Self-directed, highly motivated individual.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong organizational, planning and prioritization skills are required.
- Intermediate PC skills including MS Office Suite of products.
Micromeritics is a drug free and tobacco-free workplace and as such,we test for drugs and nicotine as part of our pre-employment process.Those who test positive for nicotine and/or drug use will not be hired.
EEO / Male / Female / Veteran / Disability