Switchboard Operator - Part time, (12:00 PM-5:00 PM)
Switchboard Operator - Part time (12:00 PM-5:00 PM)
Operating a communication system, responsible for representing Micromeritics Instrument, Particulate Systems, Micromeritics Analytic Services and Micromeritics Pharmaceutical Services as a first point of contact for all external inquires.
- Primary responsibility managing and tracking all incoming calls, domestic and International.
- Answer incoming calls, greeting callers, providing information, transferring calls or taking messages as necessary.
- Route emergency calls appropriately.
- Page individuals to inform them of telephone calls, using paging or interoffice communication equipment.
- Relay or route written or verbal messages.
- Perform clerical duties, such as typing, proofreading, accepting orders, and scheduling appointments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED.
EXPERIENCE: A minimum of one (1) year of related work experience is required. Experience with Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel). Lotus Notes experience helpful.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS: Exceptional interpersonal and telephone skills are required. Professional representation and appearance is essential. Ability to effectively manage multiple call priorities is crucial. Excellent organizational and administrative skills, strong verbal and written communication skills, the ability to prioritize and multi-task. Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer support. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction. Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar. Basic to intermediate PC skills are preferred for the following software packages: MS Word, MS Excel and Outlook. Capable of working with a broad base of people at varying levels within an organization. Dependability and punctuality a must along with the ability to work a 5 hour schedule between the hours of 12:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Micromeritics is a drug free and tobacco-free workplace and as such,
we test for drugs and nicotine as part of our pre-employment process.
Those who test positive for nicotine and/or drug use will not be hired.
EEO / Male / Female / Veteran / Disability