Field Service Representative
POSITION SUMMARY: Under general supervision, performs factory repair, help desk support and field support for multiple product lines to ensure systems are consistently maintained and serviced.
EDUCATION: Two year (2) technical degree or education/experience equivalent
EXPERIENCE: Five - eight years of electro-mechanical systems test and troubleshooting experience in manufacturing technology environment. Scientific instrumentation experience a definite plus.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Troubleshoots, repairs and maintains instruments to board and discrete component level of subassemblies either in-house or at customer site.
- Provides help desk telephone support and email support to customers.
- Prepares detailed service reports and expense reports.
- Coordinates travel to customer sites to install, repair or maintain customer equipment.
- Maintains an accurate accounting of all parts and tools used in the repair, maintenance or installation of instruments.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and turn 75 pounds on a frequent basis.
- May travel internationally on occasion.
- Requires extensive domestic travel.
This job summary indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as required.
Micromeritics is a drug free and tobacco-free workplace and as such,we test for drugs and nicotine as part of our pre-employment process.Those who test positive for nicotine and/or drug use will not be hired.
EEO / Male / Female / Veteran / Disability
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include the Position Title above in your subject line.