FREEWARE Micromeritics' Physi ViewCalc Tool
The Physi ViewCalc is an Excel spreadsheet that calculates BET surface area, Langmuir surface area, t-plot micropore volume, t-plot external surface area, and includes many simple to use graphical reports. Physi ViewCalc is an interactive spreadsheet that allows users to overlay adsorption isotherms and rapidly calculate BET surface area.
The Physi ViewCalc tool enables you to interact with the data reduction and reporting of analytical results from measurements of a physical adsorption isotherm. It is built around a Microsoft Excel workbook, using macros and @ functions. The interactive nature of the software will allow parameters to be changed and the displayed report (text or graphics) will update immediately. This also allows the software to be used as a teaching tool to illustrate how certain parameters affect results.
Data sets are loaded by any of the following methods:
• Automatically import isotherm X ,Y data from text files
• Copy and paste X,Y data from text files and spreadsheets
• Manually enter X and Y data
The Physi ViewCalc tool enables you to import, enter, or copy and paste an isotherm data set into Excel and produce the following types of reports:
• Linear and log graphs of isotherm data
• Graphical overlays of up to five data sets
• Only selected data range included in calculations
• Results with modified calculation parameters
• BET surface area and C-value
• Display of BET and Langmuir transformation plots
• t-Plot method for determination of total micropore volume and area
• t-Plot calculations with various thickness curves
• Tables and plots suitable for inclusion in papers and reports
Easy to learn - The program includes extensive help files and prompts
Open source code – You may add functions or modify existing functions to suit your specific needs
Freely distribute – You may distribute copies to your colleagues.
Adsorption of Gases in Multimolecular Layers
Stephen Brunauer, P. H. Emmett, Edward Teller
Journal of the American Chemical Society 1938 60 (2), 309-319
The Adsorption of Gases on Plane Surface of Glass, Mica and Platinum
Journal of the American Chemical Society 1918 40 (9), 1361-1403
The Excel spreadsheet available for downloading from this site is the latest version. It is signed and that signature is retained until changes are made within the program after downloading. This assures that you have a pristine copy of the program when you install it. Prior to installation, you will need to reduce the protection level of Excel to allow macros to be loaded.
If you received a copy of Physi ViewCalc from any source other than this web site, virus scan the software, making sure that your antivirus program has been updated with the latest definitions. Some programs may install additional, unwanted software, or otherwise modify your system settings.
We encourage you to share your comments, suggestions and improvements to this software with other users by way of the bulletin board below. Please email us at:
The License: Terms and Conditions of Use
Physi ViewCalc is Freeware. There is no charge to download and use software and no trial period or expiration date.
As with all software, there is abundant legalese that you are asked to read prior to opening the package or downloading the software. This software is no different. A synopsis of what you will be agreeing to follows—THIS DOES NOT, IN ANY WAY, REPLACE THE TERMS TO WHICH YOU ARE AGREEING IF YOU USE THIS SOFTWARE.
• You download, install, and use the software at your own risk.
• By installing and using this program, you agree to be bound by the terms of the license.
• Micromeritics Instrument Corporation retains ownership of the copyrights and trademarks used in this software and grants licenses for their use.
• You agree not to commercialize the software or any derivative of the software.
• For any copies made or any derivatives of the original software, you agree to maintain the feature of free access to the underlying code
• The software is provided "as is." Micromeritics does not warrant the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of the software or the information it generates and expressly disclaims liability for errors or omissions.
[ Click here to continue the process of downloading the Physi ViewCalc 1.0.xls tool ]