Translate this page: Spanish
ASAP 2460 Surface Area and Porosity Analyzer
The ASAP 2460 Surface Area and Porosity Analyzer incorporates a unique expandable system designed for high-performance and high sample throughput. The base ASAP 2460 is a two-port master control unit. For more throughput, additional two-port units can be connected to the master unit expanding the system to either a four-port or six-port analyzer. The instrument also includes intuitive MicroActive software that combines user-defined reports with the ability to interactively evaluate isotherm
• Instrument and/or Accessory Quote • U.S.A. Sales Engineer Locator • International Contact Information
Contract Sample Analysis
Analytical Versatility with Superior Throughput
The ASAP 2460 Surface Area and Porosity Analyzer incorporates a unique expandable system designed for high-performance and high sample throughput. The base ASAP 2460 is a two-port master control unit. For more throughput, additional two-port units can be connected to the master unit expanding the system to either a four-port or six-port analyzer. The instrument also includes intuitive MicroActive software that combines user-defined reports with the ability to interactively evaluate isotherm data.
✔ Fully automated modular system optimized for walk-up sample screening
High throughput with two, four, or six independent analysis stations
✔ BET surface area measurements in as little as 30 minutes
✔ Dosing options of maximum volume increment or dosing over specified pressure ranges
✔ Analysis temperature can be entered, calculated, or measured
✔ Equilibration option allows user to specify equilibration times for different parts of the isotherm
✔ Low surface area and micropore options
✔ Innovative MicroActive software with advanced NLDFT modeling
- All analysis ports can be operated independently and concurrently, allowing the user to load and unload samples at any time, regardless of the analysis stage. A new analysis can begin as soon as another is finished.
- An analysis in excess of 60 hours can be performed without refilling the dewar. This allows unattended analysis of high resolution adsorption/desorption isotherms that take much longer to complete because the system must equilibrate at each data point.
- With a master unit and two auxiliary units, BET surface area analyses utilizing six parallel runs can be achieved in as little as 30 minutes.
- Servo control for dosing and evacuation provides a higher degree of gas management and speeds collection of data points through reduction of dosing overshoot.
- Up to five different nonreactive adsorptives, plus helium for free space, can be attached to the analyzer simultaneously. Each analysis port can accept a range of sample tube sizes.
- Long-duration dewars and isothermal jackets assure a stable thermal profile along the length of both the sample and saturation pressure (P0) tubes throughout lengthy analyses. The P0 value can be entered, or measured either continuously or at selected intervals.
- Intuitive MicroActive software combines user defined reports with the ability to interactively evaluate isotherm data, reducing the time required to obtain surface area and porosity results. User selectable data ranges through the graphic interface allow direct modeling for BET, t-plot, Langmuir, DFT interpretation, and new advanced NLDFT methods.
Link to ASAP 2460 Data Presentation
- An innovative dashboard monitors and provides convenient access to real-time instrument performance indicators and maintenance scheduling.
Low Surface Area Measurement (Krypton) and Dedicated Micropore Options
In addition to the standard 2460, low surface area krypton and micropore models are available.
Low surface area (Krypton) model includes the addition of a 10-mm Hg transducer and permits accurate measurement of very low surface area on materials such as API (active pharmaceutical ingredient), powdered metals, etc.
The micropore model includes the addition of a 1-mm Hg transducer which extends the low pressure measurement capabilities and allows enhanced performance for characterizing microporous materials using nitrogen, argon, carbon dioxide, hydrogen, and other fixed gases. The transducer also increases pressure resolution in the range necessary for micropore analysis
Unique on screen operational dashboard
|With a single click, the ASAP 2460 user has a powerful suite of information available to maintain the instrument in peak operating condition, as well as full critical system component functioning, through real-time analysis views
Click images for a larger view: